Shannon Smiley, M. D.
B. S. (Biology with Research Emphasis), Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA
M.D., St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indes
Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine: Hematology
Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine: Medical Oncology
Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine: Internal Medicine
Current research affiliation:
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMT CTN)
- Virginia Mason Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP) with access to National Cancer Institute(NCI)
- Funded cancer clinical trials through Cooperative Groups, such as:
- Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG)
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast & Bowel Project (NSABP)
- Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG)
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) with access to investigator initiated trials through:
- Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center (FHCRC)
- University of Washington Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Oncology, SUNY at Buffalo and Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
- Clinical Instructor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, SUNY at Buffalo.
- Research Assistant, Department of Neuroscience, Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR.
- Medical Ethics Committee, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME.
- Bone Marrow Transplant Nurse Practioner Supervisor/Physician Liaison, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY.
- Scientific Review Committee, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY.
- Cancer Liaison Physician, Commission on Cancer, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage, AK.
Dr. Smiley has been published in many peer reviewed journals, as well as contributed to books and has been recognized for her extensive research work. She has given presentations on many different topics to groups across the country.
Outside of medicine she enjoys reading, skiing, wine tasting, and spending time with her husband and their 6 dogs.